- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community,
and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents
and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts
as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in
physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Making every child’s potential a reality by establishing the New York State
Congress of Parents and Teachers, Inc. (NYS PTA) as the premier association for
parent involvement and advocacy for all children.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child's
- Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for
participation in a democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be
partners in education.
- PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with
the community and educational partners.
- We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs
of our diverse membership.
- Educators are integral part of our association.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Challenging oneself leads to growth.